Okay, so here are my goals for Round 1 of ROW80 2012:
1. Write 1000 words each day on a WIP. At 35,000 words now. Get to 60,000 words. Print and read through – write official story/synopsis.
2. Write 1,700 words each day on an original draft of a novel.
3. Finish revising the last 5 pages of my paranormal mystery. Print out and read through draft, making notes. When done, write 500 words each day towards the paranormal mystery revision. Need about 150 more pages.
4. Write 5 pages each day towards a draft of a 120 page script (start this around the midpoint/2nd portion of the 80 days, hopefully when #1 goal is reached).
5. Work on and and complete the query letters and synopses for the paranormal mystery and cozy mystery.
6. Write out a rough draft of the story for Healing Water story, Wedding story and Harlem Renaissance mystery – three story ideas that are floating around in my head.
The plan by the end of the first 80 days is to have a completed novel draft of the WIP (#1) and one in the works – a new WIP (#2) as well as completing a good second draft of the paranormal mystery getting it closer to being ready to be seen by an agent (#3). Not to mention, a draft of a movie script (#4). This last one I’m particularly excited about because I’m returning to my screenwriting roots. :-))
And then there’s what I call the administrative stuff — query letters/synopses – that I hope to have created and stored away to be brought out when it gets close to time to appeal for representation.
So here goes…
Wishing you all the best my fellow ROW80ers. Can’t wait to follow your progress!