Just looking at these goals for ROW80 this round:
1. Write 1000 words each day on a WIP. At 35,000 words now. Get to 60,000 words. Print and read through – write official story/synopsis.
2. Write 1,700 words each day on an original draft of a novel.
3. Finish revising the last 5 pages of my paranormal mystery. Print out and read through draft, making notes. When done, write 500 words each day towards the paranormal mystery revision. Need about 150 more pages.
4. Write 5 pages each day towards a draft of a 120 page script (start this around the midpoint/2nd portion of the 80 days, hopefully when #1 goal is reached).
5. Work on and and complete the query letters and synopses for the paranormal mystery and cozy mystery.
6. Write out a rough draft of the story for Healing Water story, Wedding story and Harlem Renaissance mystery – three story ideas that are floating around in my head.
Overall, I’ve been working on goals #1, #2 these last several weeks and now #4 this last week. I’ll most likely continue to work steadily on those and then add goal #3 to the mix. I feel like it’s time now to complete that goal, though I will modify it and just focus on completing the revision, printing it out and reading through it, editing. I’ll leave further future revisions on it till the next round most likely. So the new goal for #3 looks like this:
3. Finish revising the last 5 pages of my paranormal mystery. Print out and read through draft, making notes.
For this week, it’s been steady as I’ve been putting in the pages for the screenplay I’m working on which makes me want to do a happy dance. I’m up to 20 and counting, having just started this goal last week around this time. Looking forward to continuing that…I’m steadily falling in love with the characters which makes me so eager to want to get back to them and their story. Good stuff.
Wishing you ROW80ers a good week this week full words and progress!