Wow, I can’t believe we’re at the end of Round 1 already!
So my goals for Round 1 of ROW80 2012 are below and the end results are in bold:
1. Write 1000 words each day on a WIP. At 35,000 words now. Get to 60,000 words. Print and read through – write official story/synopsis. Started this goal at the beginning of Round 1 and was consistent for about a month, then dropped off for a few weeks. It’s been on again-off again since. Not yet at 60,000. At 39,000 words at this point.
2. Write 1,700 words each day on an original draft of a novel. Went the same path as the goal above.
3. Finish revising the last 5 pages of my paranormal mystery. Print out and read through draft, making notes. When done, write 500 words each day towards the paranormal mystery revision. Need about 150 more pages. Modified this goal midway: Finish revising the last 5 pages of my paranormal mystery. Print out and read through draft, making notes. Completed this goal. Yay!!!
4. Write 5 pages each day towards a draft of a 120 page script (start this around the midpoint/2nd portion of the 80 days, hopefully when #1 goal is reached). Actually did start this midpoint during Round 1. Missed several days since but am still working on it. Up to 40 pages.
5. Work on and and complete the query letters and synopses for the paranormal mystery and cozy mystery. Did not start this one yet.
So for this round, some starts, a couple hits, several misses but am still excited for the projects I’m working on. I believe with a few of these goals, I will carry into Round 2 of ROW80 so I’m excited to continue.